Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Minister Duminda speaks about stories of mud-slinging  

Add comments

 Minister Duminda speaks about stories of mud-slinging


Minister Duminda speaks about stories of mud-slinging

We were able to question at an interview Minister of Agriculture Duminda Dissanaika who was subjected to various instances of mud-slinging as someone who was a Minister afflicted with AIDS, a ganja addict and a person who had been close to Sabitha and was paying bills for
her buildings.

At the special discussion we had with the Minister, he said: "I have a 4 year old daughter. The mother is living. It's 4 years since I divorced. The child is living with the former wife. It's to Mahindananda Aluthgamage that she's now wedded to. Though we hold on to two separate political views I go there and engage in conversation. I hold a position for 17 years as Member of Parliament with an unbroken span of 21 years in parliament. It is during the last two and a half years these accusations ... after I became the Secretary.

From among the present young MPs I am not the only one who is divorced. It is wrong to make all allegations simply for being divorced and living alone. It's not good for those close to me. Keep aside mud-slinging and come forward for a debate on a principle basis, I say. I being linked by connecting Sabitha's buildings is a case of mud-slinging. By now and in the previous government and in the World Trade Centre too I hold ministries. This becomes mud-slinging only for the Agriculture Ministry. This is a decision taken by the government on a basis of principle.

Even Mr. Jayasingha's building was selected on a legal basis ... with representatives of this government. Monies allotted for the farming community has not been separately allocated. It's because we had to provide necessary facilities as was required by us that there was a delay in going into occupation. I was branded as a ganja-man. The man who coined up that 'mud' was a person who came to my house and later he said that what was was said was coined up and twas told on purpose.

Like that, there's 'mud' all over ... but the truth is different. After this, I am not hoping to respond to mud that is thrown at me". The video containing a longer description of what the Minister said, from below 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG