Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Dasun - Shalani love story comes out at autopsy! Dasun who was left helpless with new romance going on the rocks ... took this decision?  

Add comments

 Dasun - Shalani love story comes out at autopsy! Dasun who was left helpless with new romance going on the rocks ... took this decision?




Dasun - Shalani love story comes out at autopsy!

Dasun who was left helpless with new romance going on the rocks ... took this decision?

The autopsy of Dasun Nishan the teledrama actor who committed suicide by hanging himself in a boarding-room in Pannippitiya day before yesterday (25) was conducted last afternoon and a host of information hitherto not exposed came to light concerning this death.

Teleactor Dasun's mother as well as the teacher who has been engaged as wife and a teacher by
profession both admitted that deceased Dasun had carried on an illicit romance with popular teleactress Shalani Tharaka and that he may have ended his life because of an issue that has cropped up in that connection and thus committed suicide, after being disappointed.

 Daasun Nishan's mother Lalitha Kumari Herath had this to say in the presence of the Judicial Medical Officer of Kalubowila Hospital: "It's my eldest son who has died. I have another son. He has finished his Advanced Level and is expecting results. Though Dasun was involved as an actor, he has acquired a degree in Software Engineering. As he liked acting, we allowed it. My husband is employed in Canada. I lived in Kanthota Nittambuwa area with my younger son.

Dasun got married to a teacher of an international school, residing in Giriulla area about 2 years before this. But son didn't bring her home. She stayed for a short time in her home. Later loku putha put up in a boarding-house in Piliyandala and attended to his work in acting. What loku putha phoned me and said a few days back was that he has an attachment with an actress called Shalani and that he wants to marry her. But I rejected that suggestion of his. He was already married. I advised son not to do so. The last time he came to the Nittambuwa house was last 17th. After that he spoke several times over the phone. But I didn't notice any change. He didn't give any clue about being involved in a problem as such. But I came to know that he had committed suited in the boarding-house".

Dasun Nishan's wife had this to say: "My hometown is Giriulla. I am a teacher in an international school. From small days I knew Dasun. After a romance of 13 years we engaged with blessings of both sides two and a half years ago. He didn't take me away as such. But there was a plan in the future. From last January I came to know from Dasun that that he had a connection with actress Shalani Tharaka. He admitted it. But he didn't leave me. He kept on the connection with me also right along. When this issue was notified to Dasun's mother, she too had spoken about it.

Those days Shalani spoke to me over the phone and said that she was with Dasun and that she wants him. But since I loved Dasun with all my heart I was patient. So I saved the married life that far. But what took place in the end period I really don't know. Till Prasanna who was a friend of my husband told me over the phone that my husband is in trouble ... I didn't know about this. When he said that Dasun has died, it was Shalani to whom I spoke directly. Shalani confirmed that he had died. After that I informed my husband's mother. He would have himself been responsible for this death. there's no doubt about it. Because of a dispute he has had with Shalani he would have committed this act ... I think".

It was concluded at the postmortem that this was a case of suicide by strangling his ownself. On 25th September morning, the date of Dasun's death, popular actress Shalani Tharaka's Facebook Page was deactivated temporarily by her early that morning and later by evening it had once again been activated with the comment "tell how to bear oh god! ... come!" The comment was made in a way as if the incident had been referred to another friend in common. According to evidence secured, what appears is that this instance of suicide had been carried out through disappointment either because of a romantic issue between deceased Dasun and Shalani or she having isolated him. He had explained to a newspaper sometime back of how he achieved some status after toiling so hard. Dasun the actor who was a married person was without lack of finances and popularity; but was dragged towards this unfortunate fate by this change which occured during the past 9 months. Shown below are a few lines of the final letter recorded about his disappointment. 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG