Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

It's not a "Lemon puff" fasting that I did - Somawansa says  

Add comments



It's not a "Lemon puff" fasting that I did

- Somawansa says

Former leader of Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna, Somawansa
Amerasingha who engaged in a fast at Independence Square last May Day had refrained from taking any food or even water.

He remarks that the fast he engaged in compelling that an inquiry be carried out on the conspiracy launched against President Maithripala as soon as possible was successful and that the fast he indulged in was, he now says is not a "lemon puff" fast. The reason why he introduced the biscuit known as Lemon Puff was because a packet of lemon puff biscuits was recorded on the lens of media-cameras as having been found behind the stage at Thummulla Junction where Wimal Weeravansha happened to engage in a fast protesting against Ban Ki Moon sometime back. A sensation was caused by the media those days that during that fast Somawansa's old friend Wimal Weeravansha who continued day and night happened to taste biscuits on the sly during night-time. The fast came to an end only after he got down Mahinda Rajapaksa there and a glass of water was given to for him to drink.

About Somawansa's fast, he had this to say: "I didn't do a Lemon puff fast. I didn't even take water during the few hours I was fasting. The media and a lot of others kept an eye on me close to me until 6 in the evening at Independence Square. I don't know for what they were looking. But I am happy that they were there .... because in our country there's a type called 'lemon puff fast' no. Now there's evidence how my fast was conducted. The government has correctly understood the influence I created on May Day. I am happy about investigations having been started about the Embilipitiya Conspiracy. It was a type of combat that could bring about an influence which I followed, as a solitary character. It was not a fatal-type of fast .... it was a  symbolical kind of fast for some hours that I did. What I do is not a type of clinging behind (kade yanawa) somebody".




0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG