Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Daham Sirisena speaks  

Add comments



"I went because mother could not go ..."

-- Daham Sirisena explains reason why he had to attend UN Assembly

When the inaugural moment of the United Nations Assembly was held some days ago, the fact that the President's son too was seated with the group who represented Sri Lanka motivated certain media to publish a criticism about it. Some had compared it with the former President Mahinda and son Namal combination. Regarding the criticism President Maithripala's son Daham Sirisena had made a clarification yesterday across his Facebook Page. What is mentioned there is as follows:
 "Friends, do you know about the word 'nepotism?' Its meaning is, someone who lets his powers be used on the children, relations. It conveys specially granting employment. Look openly .... this frequently has happened in Sri Lanka. Some have interpreted my American tour as one such. They criticise that I misuse father's powers.

Friends, relax your mind and listen to me. Though my mother was to participate on this journey she was unable to do so. As this was notified, I got an official invitation from America to fill that void as another member of the family. Because of that I went there. Secondly, because I joined on this journey I got the opportunity of attending the STG Conference the purpose of which was the prosperity of the country.

I fail to understand in which way how this tour of mine would not be beneficial for the country. I can't understand how the country collapses because of that. I ask of you not to compare the former regime and our family. We are quite different from them. When I joined the youth conference what the organisers said was to make more young people of Sri Lanka participate in this, in future. The positive response they gave towards us too is something that we should be happy about". 


0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG