Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Geetha's dual citizenship rumours in websites a question?  

Add comments

Geetha's dual citizenship status rumours published in web sites fake

Geetha's dual citizenship status rumours published in web sites fake

On last Monday after a meeting presided by the President Maithripala Sirisena with the members of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party, the Member of Parliament for Galle district Geetha Kumarasinghe had met the President and had
confessed that about her dual citizenship status that has been made public by various web sites which has spread widely is all fake which has caused her an embarrassment.

She had told the President, see Sir " I am unnecessarily troubled because of web sites who have published that on the dual citizenship that I possess I would be questioned by the CID. Even I do not know of such a matter".

The President had reacted saying " Before you knew these have got published in the web sites ".
At this moment Member of Parliament Nishantha Muthuhettigama had jumped and had intervened. "Yes Sir a case has been filed to  unseat  her in Parliament, Sister you better tell the rest".

" It is nobody but a person from our party who is trying to file a case.I know everything. There is a person who is involved in this here also. It is those in the party who are troubling me. What they say is although she won at the general election she is having dual citizenship status. But I came forward for the election after cancelling my dual citizenship status and after consulting my lawyers. There are many here who are here with dual citizenship status whom I could show you through my eyes, but they have no obstacles".

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG