Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

I fasted not to get myself bailed out -- Wimal Weeravansha  

Add comments


 I fasted not to get myself bailed out -- Wimal Weeravansha


I fasted not to get myself bailed out -- Wimal Weeravansha

MP Wimal Weeravansha who created news by attracting public attention by engaging in a fast recently when under remand has addressed a weekend newspaper after being released on bail and in that interview he has said that he starved himself
not with the purpose of getting bailed out.

This is what he said about it: "I didn't think that I would be bailed out when I fasted. Then in that case my lawyers would stop asking for bail, isn't it? When something is rejected, lawyers bring forward another proposition. I fasted to awaken a strong public opinion about this political hunting. That was to protest against this hunt launched by the government to create a political barrier. I think that someone in jail hasn't many opportunities as such to protest against. There's only one method to make a protest when jailed. That's the protest shown by starving. That I did. That was done for the purpose of launching a protest to awaken the public against the continuous process of political hunting of this government bent on a pariah agenda.  

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG