Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

"I didn't say anything ironically against him; I don't know the gossip which circulated around me no" -- reply given to media by Umali who stepped down from the stage  

Add comments

 "I didn't say anything ironically against him; I don't know the gossip which circulated around me no" -- reply given to media by Umali who stepped down from the stage

"I didn't say anything ironically against him; I don't know the gossip which circulated around me no" -- reply given to media by Umali who stepped down from the stage

A news correspondent had questioned Umali when she got down from stage after she publicly made somewhat of a hint about a personal issue relating to her married actor Saranga when on stage at Raigam Tele Award ceremony some days back providing clues to the media of the main stream in connection with the publicity relayed only across gossip websites during the past regarding their separation after a mess up with another actor coming in between Saranga and Umali. On that
occasion she had responded by giving a wonderful reply.

What she has mentioned was that she did not say ianything in an ironical manner on stage and that as an actress she is frank. When questioned about gossip that spread around during the past period she had remarked that she does not watch gossip and therefore does not know anything about those and that she has no understanding of how to reply them and that she is able to respond only if asked about performing.

This is what she said:
* A story not spoken about by you was recited in a song there. Is anything there which you commented upon in an ironical way?
   No ... I am a performing artiste. I am honest. I have nothing inside me and nothing outside. What is seen from my face is of course what is inside me. That is my mirror. That means it is I myself who reflects me. As such I entertain no ironies.

* During the past, rumours and gossip began to circulate between you and Saranga?
   It's like this ... in society you can find groups utilising various types of media. Gossipers are one such group and they are those who make use of gossip or associate them. So I am not a person who associated this thing called gossip from those days upto now. Therefore (smiling sarcastically) ... to tell the truth I don't have material enough in my mind to provide an answer. I am not bound to or responsible to answer those or as to what gossip is.

   But if I was to go among people in this society ... it's as an artiste. Whether it be from performing or singing or dancing ... I am bound to be responsible for the task of my creations only. So I am ready on any occasion to speak about things like how much I am dedicated for the task of my creation ... not only I, and also what type of co-operation was given by those who were involved in the creation.  
  

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG