Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

"You were sent by god!" -- letter written to Judge Ilangchelian by mother who committed suicide  

Add comments

 "You were sent by god!" -- letter written to Judge Ilangchelian by mother who committed suicide


"You were sent by god!" -- letter written to Judge Ilangchelian by mother who committed suicide

The mother in Ariyalai area in Jaffna who committed suicide with her children by mixing poison with ice cream to be consumed had written some letters before committing suicide. In one of those letters, a description about those who are responsible for their deaths was
mentioned as having as having messed up the debt issue while another letter was written to Mr. Maniccavasagar Ilanchelian, Jaffna High Court Judge who has become the focus of attention of many people. The translation of that letter written in Tamil is as follows:

"Hon. Mr. Ilanchelian,
My husband having duped for Rs. 1 crore and 17 lakhs and as a result he committed suicide on 3rd September. I have no life without my husband. Even if my husband lived by being a paralytic, I would be satisfied. But we had no luck for that. Though I thought of living for the sake of children, I had no answers to the questions the children ask. The children ask 'when will father come? Why don't father to be seen?Isn't our father fair? Why was cotton put inside father's ears? Isn't our father fair? Why did father become dark? Will father come back fair again? Shall we go to the park when father come back?' I am not able to answer questions like this which my children ask. For how long a time can I cheat my children? God has selected a limited crowd to establish truth in this world. As I believe, you too are one of them. You mete out justice to the injustice which happened to us ... prove our honesty. We'll give our life!" 

Full details of the incident, from here

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG