Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

The story of Mahela's old cap  

Add comments


Mahela Jayawardena who bade farewell to Test cricket yesterday attended the last news briefing dressed in an old brown-coloured cap. This cap is a souvenir for him of the time he won Test status. It was said that he had kept it safely in a special place in the house without giving permission for anybody to wear it.



He spoke about that cap too when the media asked questions from him. "That cap ... I won't give anybody. It has a long history. There's a number inside it ... my Test number. A cap which I used for about 15 years. I put it on today and came here because also it is valuable o me .... it's on this occasion that I'll be able to wear it for the last time.



Video, from BELOW

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG