Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Wariyapola Facebook video incident -- Updates  

Add comments


Wariyapola Thilini is not getting out of the house?



Thilini Imalka who is a resident of Wariyapola Wetiya village who was seen on a video assaulting a young man as appearing on the internet recently is reported to be hiding without stepping out of the house to escape from social accusation. This was revealed when a weekend newspaper tried to contact her. When there was no possibility of

contacting her in person, the newspaper was able to do so with the assistance of her mother over the phone. This is how 24 year old Thilini Imalka unveiled her story: "Without knowing this story properly I am being subjected to accusation in a strange way by using the internet. That day that fellow behaved in the most disgusted manner. I and a friend of mine came to go to Colombo. That fellow asked for my phone number and told some disgusting things. He said that it was a simple thing to find the number and said so many things that a girl couldn't listen to. Later when we got into the Colombo-bound bus also he said dirty things. It was only when we couldn't bear it anymore that I and my friend went and spoke to him seriously. It was only then that I didn't know that I lifted my hand at him. But somebody had videoed a part of this scene, giving the impression that it was to an innocent person that I am hitting".



This is what Thilini's mother said on this occasion: "Because of this incident there's great fear about the security of my daughter. Because of that, she's always inside the house. Not only to my daughter, I appeal to authorities to make Wariyapola a town which is free from intoxicated Don Juans where all daughters could walkabout in freedom".



Previous article and video about incident, from HERE

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG