Daily NEWS Srilanka

Srilankans' Daily News Provider

Popular News

Archives

Because of politics cut from Tele dramas  

Add comments

Because of politics cut from Tele dramas

Because of politics cut from Tele dramas - Oshadi





Q: What is this talk about the connection with politics?

The reason is for been an active member of the Women members of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party and for trying to raise a voice for all women in the country.

Q: The artistes going to boutique on behalf of politics is now popular?

About 80 per cent of the artistes who go to boutique are for their personal benefit.The balance 20 per cent are true to the  individual politician or to the party they are attached to.In my case entered
politics in year 2010 via the Nil Balakaya.To date from the party has not received even a pin as a benefit.

Q: Is it true Oshadi that because you have taken to politics you have been deprived of roles in Tele dramas?

I cannot say it because of politics. However I was offered a role in a film.The shooting commenced on the 9th of last month. But I was not called for shooting. I also feel that I have been deprived of the opportunities in Tele dramas also. There is a tendency like that.

 Q:Did you expect this?

Yes ,I knew that this would happen.Even during the era of the previous government which I represent I was not afforded any benefits and privileges. Hence I feel it is very unreasonable from my point of view.

Q: Is it true that you were removed from a television channel where you presented a programme?

Yes from a private television channel. They removed me without a valid reason. This was because the channel was affiliated to the government. From these it is evident that there are barriers for my political journey. Not only for acting but for my business enterprise also there are hurdles to cross.

Q: Because of these drawbacks will your acting life go far?

I will not allow others to make my acting career to tarnish.I will take them as challenges and would stride forward. They are doing this as they cannot take any revenge from my personal life. Hence these revenges are been taken.

Q: Have you got an idea to contest?

Although had connections in politics over the years was actively involved only lately for about two years. There is more time for that.

Q: Can you win?

I had been involved in social activities for a long period of time.  Hence if I contest I have a chance of winning. I have the strength for it.

Q : Are you doing these to become popular?

I do not have such low ideas. Before I came to politics I had been popular.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent News

Gossip Lanka MAG